Wednesday 7 May 2014

What's In My Work Bag?


I've just started doing some work at Kiss FM radio station in London, which is really exciting! I have to travel up from where I live near Brighton to Oxford Street in London. The things I carry in my bag are a bit different to what I carry day to day, so I thought I'd share the contents of my work bag with you.


My work bag itself is a cheapy, from Primark! I can't remember the exact price but it was no more than £12. It's a fantastic size and style for work, and has handy compartments inside.
Let's get the more boring things out the way first. An umbrella, I live in the UK so rain is to be expected and I don't want to be caught in a downpour. I always have paracetamol, Strepsils and plasters on me, because you never know when you might need them. When you're in London hand sanitizer is a must, especially as I have to get the tube, the one I have is just a simple Detol one, but it does the job.
I have a nail strengthening nail varnish, as I have unbelievably weak nails and I like to always make sure I have this varnish on as it helps a lot.
Chewing gum! Another must. I hate not having fresh breath, or having a funny taste in my mouth, so minty Extra gum is great for sorting that out. I always have a piece after my lunch.
Then we have my keys, my freelance pass so I can get into the building, and a very handy device - a portable iPhone charger. Any iPhone owner will know that these phones are great, but the battery life isn't very impressive. The Anker pink portable charger is a complete lifesaver. And of course, I always have my iPhone with me, as well as my iPod for music on the train.
A notebook and pen, part of my job is doing research for the radio shows so it's great to keep things jotted down.
My purse, which I've had for quite a while but I really like it. It's from Topshop, it's very simple but I like that's soft, not bulky and heavy but has enough compartments in it for all my cards (I have quite a few loyalty cards…they're the best).
My new sunglasses! It's May, so the sun is making an appearance more and more, and I have very sensitive eyes, these sunglasses from Warehouse are really gorgeous.


Lastly, the thing I think you'll be interested in the most, my makeup bag. I don't take many things with
me for work, but just a few in case I need to top up during the day. I know the day I don't take it will be the day I need something in it! Garnier hand cream - I hate having dry hands, and this one is non-sticky and quick drying - winner. Nars Luguna Bronzer, I actually carry this more for the mirror instead as it's a great size. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - my favourite! Real Techniques Blush Brush, it's a great multi-tasker. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, just for some touch ups. Rimmel Eyebrow pencil. Burt's Bees Mango Lip Balm, because who likes chapped lips?! And, of course, I have a couple of lip product choices, always. These ones are Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 19, and Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie.


What's the number one thing you have to carry in your
handbag?
x

P.S The Cosmopolitan Blog Awards are coming up! I'd be so happy if you could nominate me for 'Best New Beauty Blog' http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/campus/cash-and-careers/student-careers/enter  :)


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. lovely post! I love seeing what others have in their handbags. I'm glad that you've mentioned your Anker phone charger too - I don't have an iPhone but I figured that I'm pretty much glued to my S4 now I may aswell get one just in case!

    Anita @ AllThingsAnita

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Rose . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig