Monday 16 June 2014

Percy & Reed - Wonder Balm | REVIEW


Whenever I get free hair products with a magazine I have this pre-judgment that they're not going to be very good, I don't know why, but I do. So when I got the Percy & Reed Wonder Balm (£18) free with the April issue of ELLE I didn't think much of  it, and kind of forgot about it. However recently my hair has been feeling quite dry, and none of my products seem to be working as well as they used to, so I dug out the Wonder Balm and I really like it.




The 'Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm' is a leave in balm that you apply to damp hair, either on it's own or before your normal products to act as a primer. The balm claims to give you moisture, shine, smoothness, definition, softness, light hold, high humidity protection and manageability…that's a lot of things to promise! I personally like to apply a small amount before my TRESemme Oil Elixir (which is great if you have dry/frizzy hair), the balm doesn't have a particular scent but it's just quite fresh, it's a fairly runny consistency and it doesn't weigh my hair down at all.
I have noticed that it seems to make the oil elixir work better than it normally does - my hair seems to feel smoother, softer and stay that way for a longer time. I feel like it does prime my hair well, as the TRESemme product now doesn't feel so oily or weigh my hair down. It's no miracle product, but it has helped to tame my hair as it can go a little bit crazy.
I'm yet to try about the 'high humidity protection' promise, but I'm off to Menorca in just under 3 weeks, so I'll be popping the Wonder Balm in my suitcase to test it out, I'm hoping it works otherwise I will resemble Monica from Friends when they went to Barbados (not a good look).

All in all I would recommend this product if your hair is feeling a bit limp and lifeless, it will certainly give it a kickstart back to smooth, soft, manageable hair.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This looks like a lovely product, I have crazy frizzy hair right now so maybe this will help xx

    Lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packaging is really cool, love that little illustration on it. It sounds like a pretty good product, though it is a bit expensive in my opinion. But yeah, sometimes you just have to invest in good products

    Melane | Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first tried Percy and Reed products when they were free in Glamour magazine, and now I love them! They're a bit expensive but I recently picked up a giant salon sized bottle of conditioner from TK Maxx, which will last me ages!

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Rose . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig